This is my basic creamy, cheesy, full of flavor risotto recipe! Although it can be adapted by adding all sorts of yummy things, I like to keep it simple sometimes and serve this version with chicken or fish cooked in a flavorful sauce or even on its own!
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) of low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup of dry Risotto/ Arborio rice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onion (or 1/2 tablespoon onion powder)
salt and pepper to taste
1. combine onion, oil, and butter and saute for 3 minutes
2. add risotto and saute for another 2 minutes
3. stir in one cup of broth and the white wine and continue cooking and stirring occasionally while simmering until broth is mostly absorbed
4. gradually stir in remaining broth one cup at a time, allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding more
5. after liquid has been mostly absorbed and risotto is tender, remove from heat, stir in cheese and add salt and pepper to taste
6. serve and eat immediately!