Cheesy Puff Pastry Asparagus Tart
Cheesy Puff Pastry Asparagus TartServes 9
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
2 cups shredded Fontina cheese
1 1/2 pounds asparagus
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 16-by-10-inch rectangle.
3. Place pastry on a parchment covered baking sheet. With a sharp knife, lightly score pastry dough 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle.
4. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at 1/2-inch intervals.
5. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
6. Remove pastry shell from oven, and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
7. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside the tart shell; arrange in a single layer over cheese, alternating ends and tips.
8. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper.
9. Bake until spears are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
(Adapted from Marthastewart.com)