Eggnog Custard filled Pumpkin Roll
It's that good! :)
1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper.
2. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle towel with powdered sugar.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl.
4. Beat eggs and sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin.
5. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched.
7. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 4 servings
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups eggnog
4 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill an 9x13 inch baking dish with 1 inch of water.
2. Beat the egg, eggnog, nutmeg, and sugar together in a bowl. Pour into 6 ramekins.
3. Place the baking dishes into the dish with the water. Add more water if necessary to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dishes.
4. Bake in preheated oven until tops are set, about 45 minutes. Cool before serving. (from allrecipes.com)
1. Carefully unroll pumpkin cake from towel.
2. Spread custard evenly across the surface of the cake all the way to the edges.
3. Roll cake back up tightly with custard inside.
4. Use a serrated knife to trim the ends of the roll flat.
5. Eat the trimmed edges.
6. Carefully transfer to a serving tray and garnish with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
7. Serve cold and enjoy! :)