Cinnamon Cranberry Caramel Corn
Cinnamon Caramel Corn with Cranberries
Makes about 12 cups
12 cup popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernels)
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Place popcorn and cranberries in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Combine butter, sugar, honey, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil until temperature reaches 300 degrees on a candy thermometer.
4. Remove from heat and add in vanilla and baking soda. Stir to combine. Mixture will foam and rise.
5. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and cranberries and toss well with greased wooden spoons well so everything is well coated.
6. Spread popcorn mixture onto a greased, foil-lined pan. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and spread out on a large piece of parchment, waxed paper, or foil. When popcorn is cool, break into chunks and enjoy!