The munchkin does not like cottage cheese, I think its a texture thing. Knowing that it is packed full of protein, calcium, and other good stuff, I keep trying to give it to her different ways, hoping she'll like it, but no such luck. Until this week! She LOVES pancakes, so I couldn't wait to try this recipe when I found it! Loaded with cottage cheese and eggs, these make the perfect, healthy, low-carb breakfast for kids or grownups! These cottage cheese pancakes are so moist and delicious from the melted cottage cheese and just a bit sweet from the honey that it felt like eating dessert for breakfast! We spread jam over them while hot and both gobbled them right up!
1. put dry ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine
2. add wet ingredients and stir until just mixed (over stirring will make them tough instead of fluffy)
3. grease a non-stick skillet and scoop a tablespoon of batter for each pancake
4. cook about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and set (if they stick, like mine did at first, grease your pan better and try to wait longer before trying to flip- that's what worked for me)
5. eat immediately or freeze some for later! :)