I recently rediscovered my waffle iron an have been experimenting with all sorts of fun new flavors! These 'inside out' waffles have your crispy bacon and sweet maple syrup inside instead of on top! Great for dinner or breakfast!
"Inside-out" Maple-Bacon Waffles
Makes about 12
2 eggs1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
8 ounces of bacon, chopped and cooked until crispy
1. in a large mixing bowl whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, and maple syrup until well mixed
3. add flour, baking powder, and bacon and whisk together until just combined
4. place 2/3 cup of batter at a time in a preheated, greased waffle iron and cook until it stops steaming (about 5 minutes)
5. remove waffle and continue using the rest of the batter in the same way
6. serve hot topped with more maple syrup or honey!