tropical version and have several more varieties I'm looking forward to trying out soon! It is super easy to use this recipe as a guide and swap out the fruit, nuts, and seeds with your own favorites- you can't go wrong, have fun with it!
Makes 4-5 cups
3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Drizzle oil, honey, and vanilla over the top and stir well until completely incorporated.
4. Spread out over a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring gently every 10 minutes.
5. Once golden brown, remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheet, breaking up any large chunks that may have formed.
6. Toss in raisins, if desired, and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.