I made these with fresh rhubarb curd for my grandma's birthday party, since she loves rhubarb and raspberry! The raspberry is a delicious accompaniment to the rhubarb rather than the traditional strawberry; the perfect balance of sweet and tart!
Raspberry- Rhubarb Tartlets
Makes about 4 dozen
2 pre-made pie crusts (or your favorite homemade recipe)1 cup rhubarb curd (try this recipe!)
1/2 pint raspberries pureed (with seeds strained out)
1. using a 1 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut pie crust into small circles
2. press each circle into the bottom of a mini-muffin tin, making sure to flatten the bottom and sides
3. prick bottom and sides of the dough generously with a fork
4. bake at 400 degrees for about 5-7 minutes, or until lightly browned
5. remove tart shells immediately from the pan to a cooling rack and cool completely
6. after tart shells are cool, add about 1 teaspoon of rhubarb curd to each one
7. top with a drop of raspberry puree and swirl slightly with a toothpick
8. serve immediately!