Vanilla-Lemon Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
zest of 2 lemons (about 2 teaspoons)
1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill muffin pans with cupcake papers
2. Beat butter, sugar, and lemon zest until light and fluffy (several minutes)
3. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, lemon extract, and eggs and set aside.
4. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to the butter mixture and beat to combine.
5. Add milk mixture and beat for about 2 minutes to until completely smooth and light.
6. Scoop batter into cupcake papers and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Remove from pans and cool completely before topping with cream cheese frosting.
Easy Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces cream cheese, cold
6 tablespoons butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Add all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until no lumps remain. Use immediately or refrigerate for later.