Cinnamon Spice Glazed Pumpkin Scones
Cinnamon Glazed Pumpkin Scones
Makes 16 small scones
2 cups flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
6 Tablespoons cold butter
½ cup canned pumpkin
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons cream
1 large egg
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger in a large bowl.
3. Using a pastry cutter, or forks, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly and in chunks smaller than peas.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, cream, honey, and egg.
5. Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until it forms a ball.
6. Divide dough into two smaller balls. Pat both balls out onto a lightly floured surface into 1-inch thick disks and use a large knife or a pizza cutter to slice the dough so each circle has 8 wedges.
8. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes, or until light brown. Place on wire rack to cool, then glaze.
Cinnamon Spice Glaze:
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over each scone and allow the icing to dry before serving (about an hour).
(Adapted from Brown-Eyed Baker)