These muffins are the perfect addition to any holiday gathering! Whether you serve them as a spicy, sweet, perfectly moist breakfast muffin or call them cupcakes and serve them for dessert, one thing is certain... you won't have any left!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins Makes 12
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar, packed
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a muffin pan with non-stick baking spray or fill with paper liners.
2. Whisk together pumpkin puree, sugars, egg, melted butter, and vanilla in a large bowl and blend well.
3. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
4. Gently stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until well incorporated. Divide pumpkin batter equally into prepared pan.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean, then allow muffins to cool completely before drizzling with glaze.
1. Whisk ingredients together, adding more milk if necessary to create a pourable glaze.
2. Once muffins are cool, drizzle glaze evenly over the top of the muffins and allow to dry until firm to the touch before serving.