'Pig in the Mud'... and they were as delicious as they were cute! :)
Best Ever Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
Makes 1-2 dozen cookies (depending on the size of the cookie cutters)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 large egg
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Beat powdered sugar, butter, egg, vanilla, and almond extract together until well mixed.
2. Stir in flour and baking powder until incorporated, wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375 and cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Divide dough in half and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness on a well floured surface.
5. Using floured cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes or until edges are light brown, then cool completely on a cooling rack.
7. Decorate as desired.