These cookies are truly the best chocolate chip cookies EVER! I found this recipe through Pinterest and changed it just a bit to create these chewy, gooey, chocolate packed cookies! Be warned: they're highly addictive, especially warm from the oven! :)
Best-Ever Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 3 dozen cookies
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
3. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt and mix just until combined, then gently stir in chocolate chips.
4. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
5. Let cool, on the sheet, on top of a wire rack for five minutes. (Be patient! Leave them alone to firm up, no matter how good they smell! This is what keeps them chewy in the center- it'll be worth it!) Remove from baking sheet after 5 minutes and let them cool completely on the wire racks. Enjoy! :)