We love pulled pork and with some boneless pork shoulder in the freezer and tons of oranges in my fridge, this recipe was a no-brainer! It is so easy to throw together in the crock pot and the result is mouthwatering! Tender, juicy, citrusy meat... perfect for wrapping up into tacos, stuffing into quesadillas, or just eating over rice with the sauce poured right on top!
Citrus Pulled Pork
3 pounds of boneless pork shoulder (or pork butt)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped finely
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
3/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
juice of one lime (or 2 tablespoons lime juice)
juice of one large orange (or 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, combine all spices and mix well.
2. Place pork in a crock pot and season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour broth, orange and lime juice, honey, and garlic over the top of the meat and spread onion around the outside.
4. Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over the top of the meat, cover, and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
5. Remove meat to a serving dish and shred.
6. Pour juices into a large pan and cook on the stove until thickened and slightly syrupy.
7. Pour juices back over the meat and serve over rice, in a sandwich roll, or wrapped in tortillas for tacos.