After making Funfetti Cake Batter Dip, Funfetti Pancakes, and Funfetti Waffles, these Funfetti Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls were naturally the next treat we had to make and they were a huge hit at our house! Imagine a warm, sticky cinnamon roll that tastes like cake batter! With sprinkles inside and out and covered in delicious, gooey cake batter flavored icing, they are sure to put a smile on your face and bring out the little kid in you!
Funfetti Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls with Cake Batter Icing
1 package quick rise yeast (2 1/2 teaspoons)1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup milk1/3 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
3 3/4- 4 cups flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons sprinkles
1/4 cup brown sugar1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In the bowl of your mixer, stir together yeast and warm water and allow to dissolve for 5 minutes.
2. Add milk, salt, melted butter, vanilla, sugar, and egg and mix well.
3. Add 3 1/2 cups flour and mix until dough comes together, adding remaining flour a tablespoon at a time until dough forms a slightly sticky ball. Knead on a floured surface or using the dough hook of your mixer until dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Grease a large bowl and place dough inside, turning so top gets covered in butter too, then cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours. Dough is ready when it is doubled in size and if indentations remain when you press your fingers into it.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a 9x18 rectangle, brush with the 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and evenly spread sprinkles across the top.
5. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, then sprinkle across the dough evenly.
6. Starting at the long side, tightly roll up the dough, pinching the seam to seal it closed.
7. Using a serrated knife, cut the roll into 16 slices, each abut 1 1/2 inches thick. Place in 2 round, glass, greased pie dishes.
8. Allow rolls rise in pans for 15 minutes, then bake for 12-15 minutes or until light brown. Allow to cool slightly as you prepare the icing.
Cake Batter Icing
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup powdered funfetti cake mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth, then pour over both pans of cinnamon rolls while still hot.
2. Top with a tablespoon (or more) of rainbow sprinkles, allow icing to set slightly, then enjoy your delicious, cake batter flavored cinnamon roll! :)