Sweet Green Muffins (by Weelicious)
2 dozen mini muffins
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 large egg
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup fresh spinach, packed
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease mini muffin cups. Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth, then set aside.
2. Add the rest of the dry ingredients to a separate large mixing bowl and stir together.
3. Pour the spinach puree into the dry ingredients and stir gently until combined.
4. Scoop batter into greased mini muffin pans, filling each cup about 2/3 of the way.
5. Bake for 7-10 minutes, cool on a rack and enjoy!