1 pie crust, dough
10 gingersnap cookies
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups canned pumpkin (15 ounce can)
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (12 ounce can)
3 egg whites
1. In a small food processor, place cookies, 2 tablespoons sugar, and flour and process until cookies are ground up. Add butter and pulse until crumbly, then set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie crust dough in a pie pan, prick all over with a fork, and crimp the edges.
3. In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and the remaining ingredients, mix well, and pour into the prepared crust.
4. Bake for 35 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle the crumb topping on top, then return to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes or until the center no longer jiggles.
5. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack and serve!