Dark Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Banana Bon Bons
Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Banana Bon Bons
1 ripe banana, sliced into 1/4 or 1/2 inch rounds
dark chocolate (I used dark chocolate candy melts from Michael's- they melt easily and beautifully)
1. On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, lay out the slices of banana about an inch apart.
2. Spread each round slice with about a teaspoon of peanut butter. If your peanut butter is too thick to spread, just stick a blob on top of the banana and call it good .
3. Melt the chocolate according to the directions on the bag, in a shallow dish.
4. Place each banana slice on a fork, one at a time, and place into the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to pour chocolate over the top until it is completely covered, then use the fork to lift the banana out of the chocolate, tapping it on the side of the dish to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
5. Gently set the chocolate covered, peanut-butter banana slice back on the parchment paper covered baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the banana slices.
6. Set the whole baking sheet in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or until bon bons are completely frozen.
7. Once bananas are completely frozen, they are ready to be enjoyed, or can be transferred to a tupperware and stored in the freezer until such a time as the craving for a frozen dark chocolate, peanut butter, banana treat should occur.