These granola bars are completely delicious and addicting! Packed with nutrition, these make the perfect grab-and-go breakfast or healthy snack for grown-ups and kids alike! They're perfectly chewy, loaded with chocolate chips, and will last at least a week or two when individually wrapped. Rather than buying a box of preservative laden, overly-sweet, stale bars, why not try making your own fresh, tasty ones for a fraction of the cost? Be warned, these are so good you'll never be able to go back!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Makes about 2 dozen
4 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a bowl, add the first seven ingredients and stir to combine.
3. Pour the oil, vanilla, and honey on top and mix well.
4. Lightly grease a 9x13 glass rectangular baking dish and add the oatmeal mixture, pressing down gently with your hands until evenly spread across the bottom and corners of the dish.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until granola is semi-firm.
6. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting lengthwise across the pan and then vertically into bars an inch wide. (If bars do not stick together well enough while cutting, place back in the oven for another five minutes to firm up, then cool and finish cutting.)
7. Enjoy immediately, or wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in a airtight container for up to a couple weeks!
(Adapted slightly from Weelicious)