These cookies are completely amazing! With homemade strawberry cream cheese in the soft, flaky cookie and in the icing, each bite tastes just like strawberry shortcake!
Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
Makes 2 dozen
1 cup butter, softened1/2 cup strawberry cream cheese, softened (try this homemade version!)1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl or mixer, beat together butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg yolk, vanilla, and almond extract and beat together.
3. Stir in flour and salt until well blended and drop dough by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. (If you want to cut out shapes using cookie cutters, wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or overnight before rolling out. Dough will be very sticky!)
4. Bake for 15 minutes, then allow cookies to cool on wire racks while you prepare the frosting.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup strawberry cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Beat together until smooth and fluffy and frost cooled cookies right before serving. Store uneaten, frosted cookies in the refrigerator along with any unused frosting.