Orange Chocolate Chip Drop Scones
These scones are delicious, quick, and super easy! Just mix up the dough, drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet, and in less than 15 minutes you'll be enjoying soft, warm scones full of fresh orange flavor and melty chocolate chips!
Orange- Chocolate Chip Drop Scones
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup orange juice
1/2 cup chocolate chips (heaping)
3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, combined
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. in a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and orange zest and blend well.
3. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut the butter into the flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add orange juice and milk and stir until just moist. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
5. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
6. Sprinkle the topping of sugar and cinnamon on top of the scones and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until light golden brown.
7. Remove scones immediately from baking sheets and serve warm.