This Chicken Marsala is incredible. I'm absolutely serious- this will be the best you have EVER tasted! I had to make it again the very next night, because we didn't have any leftovers and we wanted more!The chicken is perfectly moist and tender and the flavor of the sauce- beyond amazing! Whether you serve this over pasta, with creamy mashed potatoes, or next to a pile of risotto, I promise you will be scraping up every last bit!
2 large chicken breasts, sliced through the middles to make 4 even pieces (or 4 small breasts)
1/2 cup flour
8 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
1/4 teaspoon of garlic, minced
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon cornstarch
3/4 cup Marsala wine
2 tablespoons whole milk or cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pound chicken breasts until 1/2- 1/4 inch thick, season with salt and pepper, and dip both sides in flour.
2. In a buttered frying pan, cook chicken for a minute or so on each side until golden brown, then place in a single layer in a glass baking dish.
3. Add mushrooms, garlic, and butter to the same pan, cooking until golden brown and just beginning to soften. Scoop out on top of the chicken in the glass baking dish.
4. Add wine to the pan and bring to a simmer, scraping the bottom to loosen all the flavor off the bottom.
5. In a small dish, whisk together broth and cornstarch until smooth and then add to the wine. Simmer 5 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in milk/ cream.
6. Pour sauce over the chicken and mushrooms and bake for about 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
7. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!