Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Pops
These cake pops have all the delicious flavor of a chocolate covered strawberry and make a perfect Valentine treat to give your sweethearts and are a perfect dessert for any time of the year! For more step-by-step directions and photos on making cake pops, check out this post as well.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake PopsMakes about 65
1 boxed cake mix- Strawberry flavor
1 container Cream Cheese frosting
2 bags dark chocolate Wilton's Candy Melts
1/4 cup red colored Wilton's Candy Melts
paper covered lollipop sticks
1. Prepare cake as directed on box and cool completely
2. Crumble cake with hands or a mixer and stir in 1/2 container of cream cheese frosting until just sticky enough to form into balls.
3. Roll into quarter sized balls and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Melt one package of chocolate melts as directed on bag.
5. Dip one end of a lollipop stick in melted chocolate and insert the other into a cake ball, repeat for all balls to form pops.
6. Dip each pop into the chocolate until completely covered, tap off excess and dry completely in an upside down colander or foam block.
7. Melt the red candy melts as directed on bag and then pour into a ziplock bag and seal. Snip the corner of the ziplock and squeeze a drop of red candy melts on the top of each chocolate dipped cake pop and allow to dry completely before storing or serving.
8. These will keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator! Enjoy!