When I first saw this recipe from Weelicious, it sounded like a great snack for the munchkins, but had no idea how good these would be. They actually taste like a healthy, sweet version of corn nuts, are full of protein, and make a great healthy snack choice when you want something crunchy to munch on.
Honey Roasted Chickpeas
Makes 2 cups
1 15 ounce can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pat drained beans dry between 2 paper towels, rubbing them to get all the skins off. (Both munchkins had fun helping me do this, so it only took a couple minutes!)
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the cinnamon and oil and toss the beans to coat.
4. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and toss with honey in a small bowl.
6. Place back on the baking sheet and roast for an additional 7 minutes.
7. Cool completely, store in an airtight container, and enjoy as a healthy snack for up to 2 weeks!