This peppermint puppy chow not only tastes great, but makes great little Valentine treats when put into bags and tied with a cute ribbon! Enjoy this minty snack with the one you love!
White Chocolate Peppermint Puppy Chow
6 cups Rice Chex or similar type cereal1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
a few drops of peppermint candy oil (available in the baking/candy making section of most craft stores)
2-3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup chocolate M&M candies (I used mint flavored Valentine colored ones!)
1. In a large bowl, measure out rice cereal and set aside.
2. In a glass bowl, add butter, white chocolate chips, and peppermint oil.
3. Microwave on high for one minute, stir well, then microwave again at 15 second intervals until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
4. Immediately pour over cereal and gently toss with 2 forks to coat each piece.
5. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of coated cereal and toss again to coat each piece, or dump into a bag and shake it all up.
6. Spread out on wax paper until cool, mix in chocolate candies, and enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container for later.