Healthy Peanut Butter- Banana Baked Oatmeal Bars
These healthy, baked oatmeal bars are the perfect solution to busy mornings. A delicious cinnamon oatmeal mixture (loaded with peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate!) that you can grab and go! The Munchkins love eating these at snack time and I love that they're getting fruit, whole grains, and protein in each serving!
Healthy Peanut Butter- Banana- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
Makes 16 small bars
2 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats (not quick cooking)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x13 glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Stir in the milk, vanilla, and egg and mix together until completely combined.
4. Add mashed bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Spread the mixture into the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Cool, cut into bars, and enjoy!
(Source: Sally's Baking Addiction)