Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sticks (Tigger Tails!)
Chocolate covered pretzels are the perfect combination of salty and sweet! I like to buy the long pretzel rods that our local dollar store carries. They're inexpensive and the perfect size for a sweet party finger food! I made these with semi sweet chocolate and orange chocolate candy melts as 'Tigger Tails' for our toddler's Winnie the Pooh themed birthday party, but they're easy to adapt just by changing the chocolate colors according to the color or theme of your gathering!
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sticks (Tigger Tails)
2 packages of pretzel rods
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate candy melts, or chocolate chips
1 bag of colored chocolate candy melts (I buy mine at Michaels craft store)
1. Melt chocolate in two separate bowls by microwaving at 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted and smooth. Do not overheat!!!
2. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread pretzel sticks evenly, making sure none are touching.
3. Spoon melted chocolate into a ziplock bag, get rid of any air, and seal the bag. Snip just the very tip with scissors and squeeze to release a thin stream of chocolate as you move back and forth across the tray to evenly drizzle all pretzels.
4. Repeat using the second color if desired.
5. Push the end of each pretzel stick half an inch to the left or right. This will keep the edges looking clean and will make them easier to remove once the chocolate has hardened.
6. Place the baking tray in the refrigerator until chocolate is completely hardened, then remove from tray (breaking off loose edges if you must), and store in an airtight container until you're ready to serve.