Also known as peanut butter blossoms, these rich peanut butter cookies have chocolate peanut butter cups tucked inside and extra chocolate drizzled over the top. My family likes to microwave them for a couple seconds to melt the chocolate inside before enjoying them- soooo good!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1-2 bags of mini peanut butter cups, unwrapped with papers removed (you will have extra if you get 2, but if you're like me I'm sure you'll find a way to
a handful of chocolate chips in a ziplock,( microwave until melted and snip off the tip to use for drizzle)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
2. Beat butter and peanut butter together until smooth, then add sugar and beat until fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated, then add flour mixture and beat just until combined.
4. Roll dough into 1 inch balls using a cookie scoop, then roll in sugar until coated .
5. Place each ball in its own spot in a muffin tin and poke your finger in the center of each to make a hole, then press the peanut butter cup inside.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, cool and drizzle with melted chocolate if desired, then enjoy!