Burrito Chicken Bowls
Living in a family where there are too many people means different eating habits and preferences, and no one agrees on one dish, if this is the case with you and your family let me tell this dish would make them all happy and agree for once on the same thing and they even might want to eat it again because Burrito chicken bowls are not only healthy but are full of taste as well that’s why they can please each and every member of your beautiful yet crazy family.
This recipe is not a happy recipe just because it is full of healthy ingredients, it is a happy recipe because it is a recipe which can be customized, you can use chicken or you can use shrimps if you like shrimps more than chicken, if you like more beans you can add more beans, nobody would stop you and your taste buds would fall in love with burrito bowls, burritos can never fall short on variations, you can serve it with anything even tortillas (corn ones). enough of the talking about the dish let’s know about the ingredients now which you know you can customize too customizing means you can add your own touch to the recipe
- About one pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Cabot Light Cheddar or pepper jack (shredded)
- Peeled, sliced and pitted avocado
- Onions (diced)
- Tortillas (only if you wish to serve the bowls with tortillas)
Ingredients that you would need for the chicken-
- Chili powder (half a tablespoon)
- Paprika (smoked, one small spoon)
- Cumin (one small spoon)
- Oregano (dried, half a small spoon)
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes (crushed, half a small spoon)
- Salt (one-fourth of a teaspoon)
- Pepper (one-fourth of a small spoon)
- Canola or olive oil ( one tablespoon)
- Ingredients needed for the beans-
- Canola oil ( two tablespoons)
- One minced garlic clove
- One can of Rinsed, drained pinto beans (about fifteen ounces)
Ingredients needed for rice
- water (almost three cups)
- Brown basmati or jasmine rice, rinsed (one and a half cup)
- fresh cilantro (chopped, about one-fourth of the cup)
- Lime juice
For chicken , Take a ziplock bag and add chicken in it, on the chicken add all the ingredients required for it (the ones mentioned about the ingredient list), after adding the ingredients lock the bag and massage the chicken until it is properly coated, once the chicken is properly coated marinate it for about two hours in the refrigerator.
After marinating the chicken, spray some cooking spray on your pan and then place your pan over your stove or induction, after a while add chicken and cook it for about eight to nine minutes, once cooked turn the flames off.
Take a saucepan, add water to it and then let it boil once the water is boiled add rice to it, you need to cook brown rice for about thirty to forty minutes once cooked add lime juice and cilantro.
Take a pan and add about two spoons of oil to it and then heat it, after heating ass garlic and then cook it for about fifty to sixty seconds and then add beans and cook for about two minutes.
Take out some serving bowl and serve chicken, beans, rice and the toppings in different serving bowls so that each member of your family can customize their own bowl